You are here

Last Post - Trevor McIntosh

User Login

RAAF Warrant Officer Trevor McIntosh
Died on 09 Sep 2007


 My very sad news is that Trevor McIntosh died at 8:15PM (WA time) last night (Sunday 9SEP07) at St John of God Hospital WA.
Trevor's sons, David and Andrew were with him and said that he passed away peacefully.
Trevor was 4 days short of his 73rd birthday, very young for a person such as Tevor.
I will advise more details of funeral notices when available. Trevor will be very sadly missed ny his fiancee Elsa, sons David and Andrew and their families and by his many friends.

Rest in Peace Trev.
Bunny Easterbrook


Trevor McIntosh's Funeral will be held at the Freemantle Crematorium,
Palmyra in the West Chapel.

at 10:00 AM on Friday 14 September, 2007,
corner of Leach Highway and Carrington St Palmyra.
Access is via Carrington Street.
A morning tea will be provided after the service in the Condolence room at the crematorium. A private lunch will be held at Trevor's house for family members.

Messages of condolence for David, Andrew, their families and Sylvia (Trevor's first wife)can be sent
to: David McIntosh, 33 Riverside Drv, York WA

Also messages of condolence for Elsa (Trevor's fiancee) and her family can be sent to:
Elsa Van Rooyen, 12A Prescott Drv, Murdoch 6150 WA"

Rest in Peace Trevor


I would like to thank all of Dad's Gun Plumber mate's who attended his Funeral today at Fremantle Cemetry and phone calls and visits he received before he passed away.

I was with dad all afternoon until he passed away a 8.55pm on the 9th of Septemer 2007.


He could hear everything I was saying to him and in his last 10 minutes he turned to me opened his eyes and I said everything would be ok, you can go now.


With that he took his last breath on this earth and he was at peace.


Thank you all so much  

David McIntosh

( Trev's Oldest Son )
I knew Trev McIntosh as my first WOFF when I arrived at Wagga Wagga in 1976 to start my career as an Armourer with No 30 Apprentices Intake. He was always the father figure to us young SPROGS at the time, always offering sound advice & guidance.
He was always proud to be an ex Apprentice, as he always told us about his time as an Appy, No 2 Apprentices if I recall correctly. It was only just recently I had contacted him to find out any info on Barry Wynne's (dcd, RAAFSTT ARMO at the time, 1976) family, to catch up on the old times.
Thank you Trev for the memories, may you rest in eternal peace. 
Another fine gentleman Armourer goes to meet with St Barbara & friends.
Till we meet again. 
Paul McNamara




Sorry to hear of  Trevor;s death, he joined up with me on the 4th apprentice course, the DEWDROPS, but owing to illness in his first year he completed his appenticeship with the 5th intake.
Trevor was a great Gunnie mate of mine and we progressed through the ranks to WOFF together ,often meeting up with each on different units and at  Dewdrop reunions.
I have passed the sad to others of our intake members to pass on. 

Pass on our condolences to his family.
Regards  Bob BEDSON.Tvl


I'm pretty shattered to hear the news of Trev's passing, he was my WO, with Barry Wynne, when I was an instructor at Wagga from '73 to'78. We met at the gunnies mid year do in Perth and had a long chat, and he certainly did not give the appearance of a person who was sick, but one never knows I guess.

Rest in Peace Trev,
another good one gone .....
Pieter Labrooy



Vale Trevor McIntosh; it was always a pleasure. 

Russ King


Trevor was easy to be with, comfortable, a nice chap. One of our very best.

Nice memories
Bill Riley


What an outstanding man!  When I was a second year apprentice at RSTT in 1961, Sergeant Trevor Mc Intosh arrived during that year on his first of many terms as an instructor.  He became a brilliant instructor and initially taught us all things Sabre.

He particularly impressed me when instructing on Safety Procedures with Ejection Seats, as he had been a witness to the fatal accident of FSGT Frank Ship who was killed by an inadvertent firing of a Sabre Ejection Seat.

Just a few years later, in 1965, I arrived in 478SQN Gun Bay in Butterworth, to find I was working under Sgt Trevor McIntosh again.  As an NCO and as a supervisor, he was brilliant.  We were to discover that in Trevor’s early years at Butterworth, he and WOFF Joe Mezzina, (the angry ant), made an outstanding team at 3 Squadron.  During my early years in Butterworth, whilst working for him in the Gun Bay , I began to experience some personal difficulties and Trevor was a very good advisor and counsellor.

Many years later, when I arrived at 492SQN Edinburgh , I was fortunate enough to work for Trevor again.  This time, I became the Sergeant on the flight line, and Trevor was the Armament Warrant Officer.  As a Warrant Officer, he was a brilliant manager, a good administrator and a good friend.

Trevor must have been one of the highest qualified Armourers in the RAAF. His list of Armament and Ordnance qualifications far exceeded those of many other Warrant Officers and many Commissioned Officers.  Numerous ex-apprentices and adult trainees, who were initially trained by Trevor at Wagga, were later to work for him at various squadrons as NCO’s and found him to be a brilliant leader.  His contact with the rest of the Armament world remained extensive during his many years as an EIS explosives inspector, which he always did with the utmost professionalism.

In his later years in the RAAF, we used to tease him a little, referring to his days at Wagga when he first arrived as a SGT.  Warrant Officer Sammy Walker was the then Chief Instructor and teased Trevor mercilessly, frequently calling him “Sarge” with a real cheeky grin. (Apparently, Sammy was a SGT instructor when Trevor was an apprentice).

Prior to his departure from the RAAF, he achieved another milestone to which he aspired; he managed to reach the top of the Armament Warrant Officer’s ladder with room to spare.

Even in his post RAAF days, when he was living and working in the Penrith area, Trevor remained a good friend and colleague.

Rest well, Trevor, you have served and have given much.
John Clarkson.


I first met Trevor when I was moved into Proof Yard in 1973, and Trevor was the WOFF i/c Proof Control. He was one of those good guys who would take an interest in the welfare and guidance of young troops.

Later, I had dealings with him when moved over to RANAD as a civilian. Both of us being a lot older and wiser, but Trevor was still the same bloke; genuine to the core.  

Vale Trevor.
Peter (PJ) Bruce


Met and knew Trevor only in Butterworth, Malay 1965-1968 and like Johnny Clarkson was in gunbay  with Trevor. Seems that is the way for all to be introduced into a fighter unit, I came from Canberras, Amberly.  Found he had a certain serenity  about him  and affinity for  we fellow armourers. Always a good word and encouragement for us Juniors.

May he rest in peace with our other brothers that have passed over to "Gunnie Heaven".
Ken Kane



It was a sad moment to visit Trevor in hospital when it was supposed to be a visit to have a beer here in Perth. I have reflected on the time I have spent with Trevor as my boss and friend. A great gentleman and the mould for a great gunnie. His leadership and guidnance over the years has been a credit to his determination to improve the workplace we gunnies took for granted. He never lacked the energy and knowledge to push his people to perform their best and also had to handle some unusual and wildly characters.
To you Trevor, your family and friends, go in peace knowing you have given your all to your people, family and friends.

Rest in peace my friend.
Rod Smith


Vale Trevor McIntosh, Great Dewdrop


Trevor and I joined the RAAF in 25th January 1950 and lived in adjacent beds at Forest Hill for 3 years. We became the best of mates and shared many adventures until Polio overtake him and thus causing him to graduate with the 5th Intake.


I only caught up with him when I joined the Blue Orchids Association at Penrith and certainly reminiscences abounded 

I know he is in God's Arms. Farewell Mate!


My sympathy to his family 

Rodney Brett
Sad to hear of Trevor's passing.  Just like lots of other apprentices of my time (75-76) Trevor was the face of gunnie training at Wagga.  He was always concerned we should be doing our best and I know he tried very hard to help a few blokes who were having a rough time.  A very generous man.

Brian Cusack


Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.